Thursday, April 1, 2010

Fireplace Makeover!- Thanks to The Lettered Cottage

Layla at The Lettered Cottage has super great style. She has vision and she executes incredibly. So when a dear friend pointed out her fantastic fireplace makeover, I had to copy it!! I love the simplicity and the contrast between the mantel and the white of the framing. I had to have it!



So our friendly do-everything-guy, Tim,  studied Layla's pictures and got to work. This is how we lived with our fireplace for months. 




We liked the fireplace much better just with plywood glued to it, though the gorgeous Island Stone tile hearth helped too!



Next came more perfectly cut angles and a preview of the GORGEOUS mantel.


Finally the day arrived when everything came together beautifully!


We couldn't be happier with our new fireplace! Thanks Tim!


5 comments:

  1. WOW!
    Thanks for the sweet shout out, and congratulations on the fantastic new surround!
    :-)

    Layla

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great!!!
    I have a similar fireplace. Could you tell me how you nail the mantle to the brick? I started a few days ago and I am stacked. I could email you a picture if that helps.
    Thank you.
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did you get the mantel?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mantel is actually just a piece of wood from Home Depot that has been distressed and stained. Simple. Cheap!

      Delete